Wednesday, May 17, 2006

well, okay then


This just appeared in my in-box, so I guess I have to do it now.

"It will be completely worth it. First of all, it will be held in an old mansion. Second, you can drink before and during the show. Third, you will get to see Ali Stine sing and play piano. [Editor's note: dear lord, yikes] Fourth, there are gizmos involved.

The program will be an hour or less, followed by food and drink.

The Creative Writing Program's Stegner Poets and the Center for
Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA) present

SPEAKERS
collaborative experiments in music and poetry

ONE NIGHT ONLY!

Join us! Poets and CCRMA have teamed up to create a variety of acoustical-poetical sound creations, including audio inventions, a collaborative response to the 1906 quake, a spoken word round, original poetry-inspired piano compositions, and more.

When: Thursday, May 18th. 8pm. Reception to follow!

Where: On the Stanford University campus at The Knoll, 660 Lomita Ct. 3rd Floor. The home of CCRMA. This "mansion-like" building is on the west side of campus, up the street from the Tressider parking lot."

I should note that the building does look like a pink dollhouse I had when I was nine. I should note that this event is free and open to the public, and we have a wonderful food budget, which was spent at the Whole Foods cheese counter. On second thought, don't come and I will bring Tupperware.