Tuesday, January 31, 2006

bored in Northern California?


I will be doing poetry readings this Tuesday and Wednesday on the campus of Stanford University, Stanford CA.

Tuesday 1/31, I will be reading at 7:30pm in the Terrace Room of Margaret Jacks Hall (the Stanford University English department). I will be co-headlining the Four Minute Reading Series with fiction writer Adam Johnson,. I'll be attempting to fit in love, sex, and dismemberment in four minutes.

Wednesday 2/1, I will be reading at 6:15pm (again in the Terrace Room of Margaret Jacks Hall). This is a full-length reading with Shimon Tanaka, fiction writer, friend, and member of my car pool (photographed above at an awfully serious girl’s birthday party). E-mail me if you would like more details or directions.

FYI: There will be sushi and cupcakes. I’ll be reading new poems and wearing high heels.

What I am doing to prepare? Currently eating toast with raspberry jam.

FYI: I love doing readings and would love to come to your town or school, just let me know. I’m real cheap (safe passage and a drink will do me).